We use scanners that are integrated into our company-wide network. How do we have to evaluate this situation with regards to Software Asset Management?

If your scanners are integrated into a Windows Server network and are communicating with the server software, you need to cover them with a CAL if the Windows Server is licensed under the Server/CAL model. You must either assign a user CAL to the user operating the scanner or a device CAL to the scanner itself.

Source: official Microsoft TechNet Volume Licensing blog entry (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/volume-licensing/2014/03/10/licensing-how-to-when-do-i-need-a-client-access-license-cal/), retrieved 2017-03-17