How are subscriptions for SUSE Linux Enterprise products counted which run on servers with a memory size exceeding 3 Tebibyte (TiB)?
A limit of 3 TiB per instance (physical or virtual) per subscription has been introduced for the entire SUSE Linux Enterprise product family as of November 2022.
This so-called SLES Memory CAP applies to the following products
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro
- SUSE Linux Enterprise HPC
Any instance of these products (physical or virtual) that exceeds a memory cap of 3 TiB requires additional subscriptions to cover usage. Each subscription covers 3 TiB. So if you use a server with 4 TiB, two subscriptions are required.
Source: Terms and Conditions Subscription Offerings_SUSE_11-2022